From the article: Breakfast on the Go: Veg Breakfasts for Hectic School Days
Vegetarians and vegans: I want to know what you eat for breakfast on a daily basis, particularly when you're pressed for time on a busy weekday morning. How do you keep it simple, quick and nutritious? Cereal? Toast? Reheated leftovers? Let us know what you're eating for breakfast these days! Let us know!
Cereal, yogurt, tofu, scones
- I have pet rats, so I always have plenty of whole grain unsweetened breakfasts in the house, and I'll use any kind of non-dairy milk (vanilla flavored is awesome!), and any kind of fruit, or a fig bar. Sometimes I'll blend plain almond yogurt with fruit, lemon extract, and cacao nibs. Or (my fav) tofu cottage cheese. One time I even attempted to make cottage cheese from soy milk - not so good on it's own, but I used the leftover whey to make scones, and then made a spread from the cheese and put the two together.
- I've been on a raw vegan diet for more than a year and start everyday with comfort food in the form of a frozen fruit smoothie made with soaked almonds, pitted dates, fresh coconut and a frozen banan. Depending on what is seasonal or what I have on hand I add frozen strawberries, or pineapple, papaya raw cacao powder. Even in winter when its cold I love beginning my day with a smoothie made with frozen fruit. It helped me stick with my raw food diet which allowed me to lose 40 lbs and keep it off (so far), and feel much much healthier and able to carry on with life.
- Today was laughing cow cheese, tomato, and avocado on a multi grain wrap. That was for a late breakfast :)
- —Guest Jess
"What do you eat for breakfast?"
- I make a huge pot of steel-cut oatmeal on Sunday evening and spoon out a cup every morning--I reheat it in the microwave and then add a tablespoon of local honey, frozen organic blueberries, and almond milk. Very satisfying and extremely good for you!
- —Guest Linda8214
Heatlhy vegetarian breakfast idea
- I eat whole wheat bread with peanut butter every morning.
- —Guest Linda Ho
Muffins with no recipe
- I bake enough muffins to last for 3 breakfasts. I use wholeweat flour, bran, chickpea flour (it's high protein), orange juice, pepitas, walnuts, ground almonds, dried figs, apricots, mashed banana, ginger... whatever I have... so they're chunky and chewy and need no sweetener. Orange juice over the top before putting in the oven makes a nice sweet glaze.
- —Guest ele
- I love instant oats...especially great for backpacking. When I have time, I make soyrizo and hash browns and roll them in a corn tortilla. I also salivate over veggie quiche made with tofu instead of eggs. Great way to use up the vegs in the fridge the day before the farmer's market!
- —Guest Dawneymay
- Ill usually make white rice with edamame and fried tofu on the side, sometimes egg noodles with tofu bell peppers, shiitake mushrooms, and some seasonings [soy sauce, sesame oil, chinese 5 spice, green curry paste] (yum ^-^) tea or soymilk, just plain fruit, a tofu salad sandwich using vegenaise and spices [Garlic salt, onion powder, tumeric, curry powder], vegan french toast, or almond butter honey and banannas on toast or in a sandwich.
- —Guest MyBoobItches
- Sometimes I heat up something left over from dinner. It sounds strange, but I've had brown rice and spinach (and it tasted pretty good!). Usually, I have a bowl of whole grain cereal with soy milk over it. Fast, easy, and tasty! Reminds me of when I was a kid. I ate Cheerios every day of my life when growing up, and I still enjoy them.
- —Guest kholtcoleman
A few ideas for a vegetarian breakfast.
- I top fruit with yogurt and granola. Just dipping a banana or apple slices in the mix will make the preparation time quicker. I use a granola with almonds.
- —Guest mtiff
Indian vegetarian breakfast ideas
- idly,dosa,vada,upma,uthappam,ada,poori,poha,kichdi,pongal and unlimited local dishes
- —Guest pragra
- Basically, I chop bananas, put it between two bread slices (wheat, not white) and bite it. SOMETIMES I add peanut butter.
- —Guest Giulio
Cereal or fruit
- I eat the cereal honey wheats with sliced banana Or whatever one of my fruit trees/vines has in season instead of cereal...fresh fruit is always preferred after all
Vegan only (including no grains)
- 1 ounce each-raisins, cranberries, blueberries 1 onuce each-chopped walnuts, almonds Sauté with small amount olive oil, honey, fresh chopped rosemary and trace of honey. Bake for 15 mins. Cool then, eat on the go with bottle of water. Yum!
- —Guest Yeaux
What I eat for breakfast
- I love breakfast!! I take warm cuban bread spread cream cheese, add pickles,onions,tomato, hashbrown,cheddar cheese, and sprinkle blk. pepper % mustard. Yum yum!
- —Guest barby
1-15 of 85Next