- I've recently gone 'gluten-free', now have 2 large sliced tomatoes fried in (minimal)olive oil, later heating in same pan, 1/3rd can mushrooms in 'gravy', __ with either g'f bread toasted, or lightly oil-fried before doing the vegies. An occasional egg. It's yum-and filling!
- I usually have quite a large breakfast, because I often don't have time to eat properly at work. I start with a fruit smoothie with apple/orange juice and a variety of frozen fruit (whatever I feel like at the moment). That usually adds up to about 3/4 liter of smoothie (yummy :)). Then I have a bowl of cereal with soy milk (I vary the flavours), two slices of toast with jam and a big cup of herbal tea.
- —Guest Shantelle
- One of my favorite things to eat for breakfast is crockpot oatmeal. I make it the night before and put in raisins, an apple, a little bit of honey, cinnamon, and sometimes a little brown sugar. Turn it on low for an hour, then turn it down to warm before I go to bed. In the morning, I have hot, delicious oatmeal as soon as I get up!
- I eat a French Omlet, with diced green, red, yellow or orange bell peppers, diced onion, and sometimes diced mushroom & diced tomato. I use Egg Beaters and once in a while a whole egg, I limit myself to just three whole eggs a week. Cook the vegges, add the egg and cook flat in a 8" pan with some oilve oil.
- —Guest Graybeard
- I eat almost everysingle morning a bowl of nonfat plain yogart with either blueberries, blackberries or a sliced apple and a small hanful of almonds. I sometimes think I am addicted to it. Love it!
- —Guest Melinda
Breakfast is my FAVORITE meal...!
- I have a fabulous Black & Decker veggie steamer- so convenient! Every morning I have steamed veggies (broccoli, sweet potato, cauliflower, swiss chard, whatever!) along with a quick saute of onion, garlic, peppers, grape tomatoes, olive oil; with toasted 12-grain bread & almond butter & a little earth balance -yum! One perfect cup of french press coffee - strong & delicious with a bit of silk soy creamer... so good :)
- —Guest Sheri
What do you eat for breakfast?
- Almond butter on celery or spinach on spelt bread spread with Smart balance.
- Sometimes I have a burrito consisting of black beans, avocado, wild rice and tomatoes. Other times, when I have less time, I pull out my blender and throw whenever makes a whole meal: banana, nut butter, spinach, salba, almond milk, etc.
- —Guest Jules
- If you try the rice cooker oatmeal, please add 1/4 cup water. Green Tea is another great thing in the morning. It's low in caffeine, but high in energy. I have about 4 cups a day. I love it.
- —Guest 28 Year Delicious! Vegan
28 Year Delicious! Vegan
- M-m-m!! Try a rice cooker! It's terrific for (3/4 c) apple juice & (1/2 c) oatmeal. I add raisin & vanilla almond milk & a little agave when the oatmeal's done. The cooker stops automatically when it's done. So, if I need to do anything else while it's cooking, I can. I also might have pita with a small amount of natural peanut butter & Earth Balance. And even Whole Foods (vegan) Soy Yogurt. Vegan food tastes so.o.o.o good!
- —Guest Trish
Quick Date-Apple-Cinnamon Oatmeal
- 1 cup of rolled oats 2 tbls maple syrup 2 tbls chopped walnuts 1/3 crisp apple, cut in cubes about 5 dates, pitted and chopped 3 shakes of ground cinnamon scant 1 tsp flaxseed oil Bring a kettle of water to a boil. Combine everything but the oil in a bowl, and mix. *Pour the the water just to cover the oats.* Cover the bowl with a plate or pot lid and let it sit until the oats have absorbed the water. Stir together once more, add more water if it looks dry. Lastly, drizzle with flaxseed oil. Enjoy. (I got this great recipe from The Kind Diet Cookbook)
- —Guest Erin
what do you eat for breakfast?
- I typically alternate between a smoothie made with hemp milk, banana and either mango or strawberries with a generous scoop of hemp seed protein powder, or kasha with raisins and walnuts, or steel cut oatmeal with cinnamon and raisins. If you allow the oatmeal to soak overnight, it doesn't take so long to cook.
- —Guest david
What do I eat for breakfast?
- I make a smoothie with a handful of raw soaked almonds, 3-4 pitted medjool dates, 2-3 TBSP ground flax seed meal, an avocado, and a big handful of baby spinach. Blend with enough water or coconut milk to desired consistency and enjoy.
- —Guest Carol
what do I eat for breakfast
- I follow the "proper food combining" method of eating coffee on my way to work - first as it washes out all your nutrients. take with me - 3-4 servings of fresh fruit take with me - naked juice to wash down my vitamins at work - make oatmeal
- —Guest lin
- I generally slice 1/2 a banana into a cereal bowl and add 1 cup Old Fashiojned oats either oven browned or plain and enough apple juice, low sugar, and muke it for 1.5 minutes and then top it with berries or fruits in season; e.g. peaches, blueberries, strawberries, etc. Add more apple juice if you need it.
- —Guest TJharper 22480