See also: More easy quinoa recipes to try
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 2 cups water or vegetable broth
- large handful fresh spinach
- 1/4 cup prepared vegetarian pesto
- 1/2 tsp fresh lemon or lime juice
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tbsp fresh grated Parmesan cheese or nutritional yeast (optional)
Fold in fresh spinach and heat for 3-4 more minutes, until spinach has wilted and quinoa is cooked through.
Remove from heat. Stir in pesto, drizzle with lime juice and season well with salt and pepper to taste. Sea salt or kosher salt is always best!
Garnish with freshly grated Parmesan cheese, or stir in a bit of nutritional yeast for extra flavor (and a B12 boost for vegans!).