Recipe courtesy of Sugar Ridge Vegetarian Retreat Centre.
You're always welcome to post and share your own favorite vegetarian recipes in the forums, or, email it to me and I'll post it for you!
- 1 cup bulgur wheat or quinoa
- 1 can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- zest and juice from one lime
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tbsp honey (or agave nectar)
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
Put chickpeas and cranberries in a bowl and toss with all the dressing ingredients.
Drain bulgur wheat or quinoa well and mix into salad.
To add some color and crunch, chop some snow peas and toss them in.
Like cooking with quinoa? Here's healthy whole grain quinoa recipes to try.