Sweet corn kernels or perhaps chopped bell pepper would go well, if you'd like to add some more fresh veggies to this black bean salad, and a dash or two of hot sauce, minced chile pepper or cayenne would be a welcome addition if you like a bit of spice.
- 1 Tbsp olive oil + 2 Tbsp
- 1 medium-small onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups vegetable broth or water
- 1 12-oz. can vegetarian black beans, drained
- 2 large tomatoes, diced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- salt and pepper to taste
Remove from heat and stir in black beans, lime juice, remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil, and season generously with salt and pepper, to taste.
Stir in cilantro just before serving.
Makes four servings of vegetarian quinoa with black beans and tomatoes. This is also a high-protein and gluten-free vegetarian recipe.
Scroll down for more easy vegetarian quinoa recipes to try.