Recipe and photo courtesy of The Soy Foods Council
- 3/4 cup vegetable broth or 3/4 cup water plus 1 vegetarian bouillon cube, crushed
- 1 cup TVP
- 1/4 cup cooked or canned black soybeans, divided
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoons corn meal
- 1 packet (1 1/4 ounces) taco seasoning mix
- 2 eggs
- 2 to 3 tablespoons soy oil
In medium bowl, mash half the beans with a fork. Add remaining beans, onion, flour, corn meal and seasoning mix. Add eggs and mix well. Form into 4 patties.
In large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add patties and cook until firmed and browned on one side, about 3 to 4 minutes. Turn and brown second side.
Serve your black soy bean burgers on buns with your favorite veggie burger toppings.
Like cooking with healthy black soy beans? Here's a few more recipes to try: