- 3 tbsp water
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp ginger, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions (green onions)
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms (shiitake is best, but any kind will do)
- 8 ounces soba noodles, prepared
- extra scallions for garnish, chopped (optional)
- sesame seends for garnish (optional)
Heat garlic and ginger in olive oil for just a minute, until fragrant. Add scallions and mushrooms, and sautee until mushrooms are cooked, about 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
Reduce heat to medium low and add prepared dressing and soba noodles. Heat, stirring frequently, until sauce has reduced slightly and noodles are well coated with sauce.
Garnish with extra chopped scallions and sesame seeds if desired.
Soba noodles are often served cold, and this recipe is excellent either hot or cold. Enjoy your vegetarian Japanese soba noodles!