Recipe courtesy of The Soy Foods Council
- 2 cups firm silken tofu (about 14 ounces), sliced into cubes
- 1 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup vegan cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup vegan mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup TVP, rehydrated in warm water(textured vegetable protein)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened soymilk
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 12 (6-inch) flour tortillas
- vegan sour cream (optional)
In a large bowl, stir together tofu, 1/2 cup salsa, the bell pepper, 1/4 cup vegan cheddar cheese, 1/4 cup vegan mozzarella cheese, the TVP, soy milk and chili powder.
Place about 1/3 cup filling down center of each tortilla; roll up and place seam-side down in baking dish. Top with remaining 1/2 cup salsa.
Bake 10 minutes. Remove from oven; sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup each Cheddar and mozzarella cheese. Return to oven; bake 10 to 15 minutes or until heated through and cheese is just melted. Top with sour cream if using. Makes twelve low-fat and low-calorie tofu and tvp enchiladas.
Nutritional information per serving (2 enchiladas): 200 calories; 10 g protein; 35 g carbohydrates; 2.5 g fiber; 2.5 g fat; 0 g saturated fat; 0 mg cholesterol; 652 mg sodium