Recipe and photo courtesy of Lightlife Foods.
- 1 4-ounce package tempeh, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 2 cups fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 4 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 2 carrots, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 4 cups cooked mixed wild and brown rice
- 2 Tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
In another pot; boil tempeh in unsalted water 10 minutes; drain and pat dry.
In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add tempeh and brown on all sides. Add carrots and orange juice mixture and simmer until liquid is a syrupy glaze. To serve, spoon tempeh and glaze over rice; sprinkle with cilantro.
Makes four servings of Chinese restaurant-style glazed tempeh. Nutritional information, per serving:
Total fat: 11 grams; 17% Daily Value
Cholesterol 0 Mg; 0%
Sodium 280 Mg; 12%
Carbohydrate 77 g; 26%
Dietary Fiber 9 g; 36%
Sugars 24 g; 2%
Protein 16 g; 31%
Vitamin A 100%; Vitamin C 105%; Calcium 8%; Iron 15%