You can see from the nutritional information below that this chili is both low in fat and calories, while still providing plenty of healthy protein. Vegetarian Chili with Smart Ground Mock Meat Crumbles recipe and photo courtesy of Lightlife Foods.
Got leftovers? Here's how to use up leftover chili.
- 1 12 ounce package Smart Ground Original
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1 cup celery, sliced
- 1 15 ounce can kidney beans
- 1 15 ounce can corn kernels
- 2 16 ounce cans tomatoes, cut up
- 1 6 ounce can tomato paste
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 tbsp chili powder
- 1 1/2 tbsp ground cumin
- 3 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
Nutritional information, per serving: Fat-2g, Fiber-7g, Sodium-220mg, Carbohydrates-26g, Protein-12g (soy protein 6g), Calories-160.
Like cooking with meat substitutes? Here's my personal favorite vegetarian meat substitutes to try.