See also: More homemade vegetarian chili recipes
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 ribs celery, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cups corn kernels (frozen and thawed or canned and drained)
- 1 4-ounce can canned green chilie peppers, chopped
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
- 5 1/2 cups vegetable broth (or a combination of broth and water)
- 5 (14.5 ounce) cans great Northern beans or cannelinni beans, undrained
- grated cheese for garnish (optional)
Add the green chili peppers, corn kernels, cumin, chili powder, oregano and cayenne pepper.
Heat for just a minute or two, then add vegetable broth and beans. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to a low simmer.
Allow to cook for 20 to 30 minutes.
Serve topped with shredded cheese, if you're not vegan.