Be sure to read the label of your Worcestershire sauce to make sure it's vegetarian as some brands contain fish.
Recipe courtesy of Gardein
- bamboo skewers
- 1 bag of gardein beefless tips
- For marinade:
- 2/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 tablespoon and 1 teaspoon Vegan Worcestershire sauce (check the label - some brands do contain fish!)
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Other skewer ingredients:
- 16 large fresh whole mushrooms
- 2 medium red onions, cut into large chunks
- 2 medium red bell peppers, cut into large chunks
Combine all of the ingredients for the marinade ingredients in a bowl. Add the gardein "beef" and allow to marinade for at least one hour.
Place vegetarian "beef" on soaked skewers with mushrooms, onion chunks and bell peppers.
Grill over an open flame for 3-4 minutes on each side while basting with the leftover marinade.
To serve, pair with corn on the cob and vegan potato salad for a full barbecue meal. Enjoy!
See also: How (and why!) to soak bamboo skewers