Scroll down for more vegetarian and vegan bruschetta recipes to try, from the basic to the elegant and creative.
- 1 pound fresh tomatoes, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp minced fresh parsley
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh basil
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 baguette, sliced
- olive oil for brushing bread
- extra garlic for rubbing bread (optional)
- Parmesan cheese (optional)
Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
Slice a large garlic clove in half and rub on each side of the bread (this step is optional). Brush the sliced bread with olive oil on both sides and place on a baking sheet. Bake for just a few minutes, until bread is lightly toasted.
Top each slice of bread with a spoonful of the tomato mixture, and sprinkle with freshly grated Parmesan cheese if desired.