See also: More easy quinoa recipes
- 3-4 cups water or vegetable broth
- 1 1/2 cups quinoa, uncooked
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar (you may use any flavor you prefer)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- juice from one lemon
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives, sliced if desired
- 1/3 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1/2 cup chopped artichoke hearts (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar, lemon juice, garlic, and olive oil.
Gently toss the quinoa together with the remaining ingredients, except feta. Pour the olive oil mixture over the quinoa.
Add more salt and pepper to taste and gently stir in the feta cheese.
You may also add any additional vegetables that you like, such as lightly steamed broccoli, snap peas or diced bell pepper.
Nutritional data (from Calorie Count):
Calories: 399; Calories from Fat: 163
% Daily Value:
Total Fat: 18.1g 28%
Saturated Fat: 4.7g 23%
Cholesterol: 17mg 6%
Sodium: 225mg 9%
Total Carbohydrates: 46.7g 16%
Dietary Fiber: 5.6g 22%
Vitamin A 18%, Vitamin C 24%, Calcium 15%, Iron 20%
Scroll down for more quinoa recipes to try.