This vegetarian and vegan Thai curry recipe and photo is courtesy of gardein foods.
- 2 gardein vegetarian "chicken" scallopini, chopped small
- 1 shallot, diced small
- 2 tsp vegetarian Thai green curry paste (check to make sure it's vegetarian)
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 1/4 cup water or vegetable broth
- 1 tsp agave nectar or 1/2 tsp sugar
- 2 lime leaves
- 6 whole Thai basil leaves
- 1/2 cup snow peas
- 1/2 large red pepper, thinly sliced
- chopped fresh cilantro for garnish
Next, add the coconut milk, the water or vegetable broth, agave nectar or sugar and lime leaves and stir to combine well. Cook over medium heat for about 5 minutes.
Reduce the heat to medium low, and continue to cook until the sauce is slightly thickened.
Once the sauce begins to thicken, add the chopped vegetarian chicken substitutes and cook for another 4 minutes.
Reduce the heat to low and add the Thai basil, snow peas and red bell pepper.
Cook for a further 2 to 3, just until the snow peas and the red bell peppers are slightly tender.
To finish it off, garnish your vegetarian green curry with a bit of coarsely chopped fresh cilantro and serve your green curry with jasmine rice (or any kind of steamed rice - white or brown - will do).
If you like this homemade vegetarian green curry, scroll down for more homemade Thai food and vegetarian and vegan curry recipes to try.