- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 ribs celery, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, diced small
- 2 cups jasmine rice
- 2 cups water or vegetable broth
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 cups green peas, frozen
- 3/4 cup toasted coconut (optional)
Add rice, water or vegetable broth, bay leaves, coconut milk, salt and pepper. Bring to a simmer, reduce to a boil, and allow to cook until rice is done, about 30 minutes.
Stir in green peas and top with optional fresh coconut.
Enjoy your homemade Thai-style jasmine rice.