Like cranberries? Check out more healthy holiday cranberry recipes.
- 1 package pre-toasted bread cubes (14 - 16 ounces)
- 3 tbsp butter plus extra
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 3/4 cup cranberries, chopped
- 4 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 cup wild rice, pre-cooked
- 2 tbsp fresh sage, minced
- 2 tbsp fresh thyme, minced
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tbsp poultry seasoning
- 1 16 ounce can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- salt and pepper to taste
Heat a large skillet and add 2 tablespoons butter and oil.
Add onions, celery and cranberries and cook on medium-high heat until soft, about fifteen minutes.
Add vegetable broth and bring to a boil.
Place toasted bread, rice and herbs in a large bowl, stir in eggs.Pour hot liquid mixture into bowl; add poultry seasoning, beans, salt and pepper and mix.
Grease two 8-inch pans with butter, pour mixture, dot with extra butter. Cover with foil and bake for 25 minutes.
Remove foil and bake 10 minutes more or until top is crisp.