- 3/4 cup smooth natural peanut butter
- 1 cup tamari soy sauce
- 1/3 cup agave nectar
- 2/3 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger, minced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper, or to taste
- approx 1/4 cup water
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 block firm or extra firm tofu, pressed and sliced into cubes
- approx 1 1/2 cups broccoli florets, chopped
Add water, a bit a time, until the consistency is smooth and creamy. You may need to add a little bit more or less water to get a good thickness for your stir-fry sauce.
Sautee the tofu and broccoli in olive oil until tofu is lightly browned on all sides, stirring frequently.
Reduce heat to medium low. Add peanut butter stir-fry sauce and heat, stirring frequently, until sauce has thickened.
Serve your tofu and broccoli stir-fry over rice, cooked Asian noodles (try thin rice noodles or Japanese udon noodles), or another whole grain, such as quinoa.