- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 rib celery, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup seitan, chopped small (optional)
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 2 tbsp butter or vegan margarine
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1/2 tsp sage
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 6 slices dried or lightly toasted bread, cubed
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- 1 1/2 - 2 cups vegetable broth
Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
In a large skillet, sautee onions, celery seitan and garlic in butter or vegan margarine until almost soft. Add mushrooms and heat a few more minutes, until onions are clear and mushrooms are soft.
Add thyme, sage, salt and pepper, stirring quickly just to lightly coat and toast the spices.
Reduce heat to low and add cubed bread and nuts, stirring to combine well. Add vegetable broth until bread is well moistened.
Add quinoa and gently toss to combine well.
Transfer to a casserole or baking dish, and bake at 375 degrees for 30-35 minutes.