- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, sliced very thin
- 1 cup dried sour cherries
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 4 tablespoons apple cider
- 1 Tofurky roast
In a large skillet, heat olive oil on medium heat. Add onion, cherries, brown sugar and vinegar and cook, stirring occasionally, until onions are soft. Stir in mustard and apple cider, and simmer for two more minutes.
Place Tofurky roast on sheet of heavy-duty aluminum foil, and spread with the onion mixture. Wrap roast snugly with the foil. Place in roasting pan, and place on center rack of oven.
Bake for 45 minutes. Uncover roast for last 10 minutes of baking. Slice roast, and serve with some of the pan juices spooned over it.