Vegetarian Thanksgiving Dinner Entrees/Main Dishes:Looking for vegetarian Thanksgiving menu ideas for dinner, including vegetarian and vegan sides, gravies, stuffing and dessert? Visit my complete guide to vegetarian Thanksgivings here.
- Pumpkin Risotto Italian risotto with a Thanksgiving twist - pumpkin!
- Pumpkin and Sage Pasta Savory and aromatic, this pumpkin and sage pasta would make an unusual vegetarian and vegan Thanksgiving main dish.
- Gourmet Pumpkin Pizza For a fun, casual Thanksgiving, try this gourmet pumpkin pizza with roast pumpkin and three cheeses.
- Pumpkin Dumplings Not exactly traditional, but a great entree or side dish for Thanksgiving.
- Vegetarian Thai Pumpkin Curry A nutritious and different vegetarian and vegan Thanksgiving menu idea: Thai pumpkin curry with sweet potatoes and chilies.
- TVP and Tofu Loaf High in protein and flavored with poultry seasoning, this vegetarian loaf recipe is the perfect entree.
- Lentil Rice Loaf A healthy high-fiber vegetarian loaf recipe makes a great alternative to meat loaf.
- Vegetarian "Meat" Loaf with "Beef" Subtitute A meat mock meat loaf made with store bought GimmeLean ground beef substitute. Serve it up with mashed potatoes and gravy for the holidays.
- Nature's Burger Vegetarian "Meat" Loaf If you're looking for a vegetarian loaf recipe for Thanksgiving, then this is a quick and easy one to try.
- 8 Vegetarian Turkey Substitutes for Thanksgiving Tofurky isn't the only player in town anymore! There's stuffed vegetarian turkey, turkey rolls and even a fake turkey shaped into a turkey. Drumsticks and all!
- 12 Tofurky Recipes If tofurky is your thing, here's 12 suggested ways of preparing it. Like deep-fried turkey? Why not try a deep-fried tofurky?
Rice and Quinoa Pilafs:
- Vegetarian Wild Rice and Mushroom Pilaf The flavors of fall combine with wild rice for this entree or side dish.
- Cranberry Orange Rice Pilaf Add an extra Thanksgiving touch by tossing in some diced mock turkey deli slices.
- Gourmet Quinoa Pilaf with Blueberries and Harvati Cheese There's lots of color in this hearty gourmet entree, which would brighten up any fall table.
- Sweet Potato and Quinoa Salad Add some cranberries to this nutritious and healthy quinoa pilaf for more Thanksgiving flavor.
- Barley with Wild Rice and Cranberries A slightly sweet cranberry and wild rice pilaf for a colorful Thanksgiving dish.
- Gluten-free Mushroom and Brown Rice Pilaf A healthy gluten-free and vegetarian Thanksgiving menu idea.
- Stuffed Acorn Squash with Quinoa and Pecans A savory fall entree suitable for vegan guests.
- Baked Stuffed Squash with Beans This stuffed squash recipe is a balanced meal with healthy beans for protein and fiber. Pictured.
- Stuffed Acorn Squash Stuffed acorn squash is easy to prepare yet makes an elegant entree for a vegetarian Thanksgiving.
- Barley Stuffed Squash Healthy whole grain barley filling a nutritious acorn squash makes a lovely vegetarian Thanksgiving entree.
- Salty Sweet Vegetarian Butternut Squash A quick and easy butternut squash recipe perfect for Thanksgiving.
- Herbed Acorn Squash Acorn squash stuffed with fruit and rice stuffing.
- Cranberry Apple Stuffed Acorn Squash A vegetarian and vegan entree literally filled with Thanksgiving flavors.
- Acorn Squash with Apples and Cinnamon Another vegetarian stuffed squash recipe that you could serve as an entree or a side dish for Thanksgiving.
- Butternut Squash Stuffed Ravioli with Fall Rosemary Sauce A non-traditional but interesting idea for a gourmet vegetarian entree. The sauce is made from butter infused with fresh chopped rosemary.
Miscellaneous Thanksgiving Entree Ideas
- Homemade Tofu "Turkey" It's not Tofurky, but it is a turkey-flavored vegetarian substitute, made from tofu.
- Sage-crusted Vegetarian Cutlets A gourmet vegetarian entree made from gardein meat substitute crusted in crushed pumpkin seeds and sage.
- Vegetarian "Chicken" Pot Pie Follow the recipe as is, or try it with Tofurky instead. Either way, a hearty fall entree idea.
- Sweet Potato and Pecan Risotto This flavorful vegetarian risotto could be served as a main dish or side dish on Thanksgiving.