Vegetarian Thanksgiving Dinner Entrees/Main Dishes:Looking for vegetarian Thanksgiving menu ideas for dinner, including vegetarian and vegan sides, gravies, stuffing and dessert? Visit my complete guide to vegetarian Thanksgivings here.
Thanksgiving Vegetarian Loaf and Turkey Substitute Recipes:
Fall Squash and Stuffed Squash Entrees
- Pumpkin Risotto Italian risotto with a Thanksgiving twist - pumpkin!
- Pumpkin and Sage Pasta Savory and aromatic, this pumpkin and sage pasta would make an unusual vegetarian and vegan Thanksgiving main dish.
- Gourmet Pumpkin Pizza For a fun, casual Thanksgiving, try this gourmet pumpkin pizza with roast pumpkin and three cheeses.
- Pumpkin Dumplings Not exactly traditional, but a great entree or side dish for Thanksgiving.
- Vegetarian Thai Pumpkin Curry A nutritious and different vegetarian and vegan Thanksgiving menu idea: Thai pumpkin curry with sweet potatoes and chilies.
- TVP and Tofu Loaf High in protein and flavored with poultry seasoning, this vegetarian loaf recipe is the perfect entree.
- Lentil Rice Loaf A healthy high-fiber vegetarian loaf recipe makes a great alternative to meat loaf.
- Vegetarian "Meat" Loaf with "Beef" Subtitute A meat mock meat loaf made with store bought GimmeLean ground beef substitute. Serve it up with mashed potatoes and gravy for the holidays.
- Nature's Burger Vegetarian "Meat" Loaf If you're looking for a vegetarian loaf recipe for Thanksgiving, then this is a quick and easy one to try.
- 8 Vegetarian Turkey Substitutes for Thanksgiving Tofurky isn't the only player in town anymore! There's stuffed vegetarian turkey, turkey rolls and even a fake turkey shaped into a turkey. Drumsticks and all!
12 Tofurky Recipes If tofurky is your thing, here's 12 suggested ways of preparing it. Like deep-fried turkey? Why not try a deep-fried tofurky?
Rice and Quinoa Pilafs:
- Vegetarian Wild Rice and Mushroom Pilaf The flavors of fall combine with wild rice for this entree or side dish.
- Baked stuffed apples with rice Savory all-spice, ginger and raisins season this simple rice mixture, baked inside an apple.
- Cranberry Orange Rice Pilaf Add an extra Thanksgiving touch by tossing in some diced mock turkey deli slices.
- Gourmet Quinoa Pilaf with Blueberries and Harvati Cheese There's lots of color in this hearty gourmet entree, which would brighten up any fall table.
- Sweet Potato and Quinoa Salad Add some cranberries to this nutritious and healthy quinoa pilaf for more Thanksgiving flavor.
- Barley with Wild Rice and Cranberries A slightly sweet cranberry and wild rice pilaf for a colorful Thanksgiving dish.
- Gluten-free Mushroom and Brown Rice Pilaf A healthy gluten-free and vegetarian Thanksgiving menu idea.
- Brown rice pilaf with pumpkin seeds Use either brown rice or a brown and wild rice blend to make this fall-themed entree with lots of flavorful celery, onions and mushrooms and seasoned with savory fall herbs.
- Stuffed Acorn Squash with Quinoa and Pecans A savory fall entree suitable for vegan guests.
- Baked Stuffed Squash with Beans This stuffed squash recipe is a balanced meal with healthy beans for protein and fiber. Pictured.
- Stuffed Acorn Squash Stuffed acorn squash is easy to prepare yet makes an elegant entree for a vegetarian Thanksgiving.
- Barley Stuffed Squash Healthy whole grain barley filling a nutritious acorn squash makes a lovely vegetarian Thanksgiving entree.
- Salty Sweet Vegetarian Butternut Squash A quick and easy butternut squash recipe perfect for Thanksgiving.
- Herbed Acorn Squash Acorn squash stuffed with fruit and rice stuffing.
- Cranberry Apple Stuffed Acorn Squash A vegetarian and vegan entree literally filled with Thanksgiving flavors.
- Acorn Squash with Apples and Cinnamon Another vegetarian stuffed squash recipe that you could serve as an entree or a side dish for Thanksgiving.
Butternut Squash Stuffed Ravioli with Fall Rosemary Sauce A non-traditional but interesting idea for a gourmet vegetarian entree. The sauce is made from butter infused with fresh chopped rosemary.
Miscellaneous Thanksgiving Entree Ideas
- Homemade Tofu "Turkey" It's not Tofurky, but it is a turkey-flavored vegetarian substitute, made from tofu.
- Sage-crusted Vegetarian Cutlets A gourmet vegetarian entree made from gardein meat substitute crusted in crushed pumpkin seeds and sage.
- Vegetarian "Chicken" Pot Pie Follow the recipe as is, or try it with Tofurky instead. Either way, a hearty fall entree idea.
- Sweet Potato and Pecan Risotto This flavorful vegetarian risotto could be served as a main dish or side dish on Thanksgiving.