Recipes for a healthy vegetarian or vegan hanukkah celebration, including vegetarian kugel recipes, vegan Chanukah donuts, vegan latkes and more recipes for your vegetarian Hannukah table.
Vegetarian and Vegan Hannukah Recipes:
Vegetarian Hannukah Latkes:
Easy Vegan Latkes This vegan latke recipe uses an egg replacer to make traditional potato pancakes for Hannukah.
Vegan Latkes with Fresh Herbs Vegan latkes are needed for a complete vegan Hannukah meal! Try this version made with lots of fresh herbs.
Cottage Cheese Latkes An easy vegetarian latke recipe made with matzo and cottage cheese.
Vegetarian Vegetable Latkes Another fun potato latke recipe for Hannukah, this one made with carrots and zucchini.
Walnut and Potato Pancakes A simple variation on traditional Hanukkah latkes.
Cauliflower Latkes Made with just a few simple ingredients including cauliflower, matzo and eggs.
Vegetarian Kugels for Hannukah:
Vegetarian Spinach and Noodle Kugel With a few simple ingredients including fresh spinach, make a spinach noodle kugel for your Hanukkah meal.
Vegetarian Carrot and Potato Kugel Recipe An easy and nutritious vegetarian kugel recipe with carrots, perfect for a healthier Hannukah celebration.
Easy Vegan Sweet Potato Kugel This vegetarian and vegan kugel recipe is cholesterol-free and lower in fat than a traditional kugel with eggs. This recipe is suitable for a vegetarian Passover or for a vegetarian Hanukkah.
More vegetarian kugel recipes Traditional kugels have eggs to bind the ingredients, but vegans can use an egg substitute to make a vegan kugel perfect for your Hannukah table.
Potato and Vegetable Kugel Recipe A hearty vegetarian kugel recipe with poatotes, yellow squash, onions, and carrots.
Vegetarian Vegetable Kugel A healthier vegetarian kugel recipe made with carrots and zucchini. Perfect for the kids on Hanukkah.
Sugared Noodle Kugel for Kids A sweet vegetarian apple and egg noodle kugel recipe that the kids will love to eat on Chanukah.
More Vegetarian and Vegan Hannukah Recipes:
- Vegan Egg-Free Matzo Ball Soup If you're looking for a vegan and egg-free matzoh ball soup recipe, here's one to try. Although this is more of a Passover recipe, there's no reason you can't enjoy it for Hanukkah, too!
- Vegan Hanukkah Donuts Egg-free and dairy-free Hanukkah donuts.
- Easy Homemade Applesauce Recipe No added sugar is needed, since this homemade applesauce recipe is naturally sweet. A healthy accompaniment to your vegetarian or vegan Hannukah latkes!
- Kosher Beet Casserole Beet casserole with a bit of sugar and just a touch of spices, so the natural flavors really shine through. Beet casserole is the perfect colorful side dish for your vegetarian or vegan Hannukah menu.
- Dairy Dishes for Hannukah A collection of vegetarian dairy dishes for Hanukkah, from About.com's Guide to Kosher food. One or two of the dozens of recipes linked here call for tuna, so skip over those and enjoy the rest!
- Cheesey Hannukah Pretzels Baked soft pretzels covered in coarse salt would make a great Hannukah snack.
- Hanukkah Cookies Parve Hannukah cookies that the kids can help make.
- Spinach and Parmesan Dairy Appetizer A dairy appetizer recipe for Hanukkah made from healthy spinach. Make them in advance, as they freeze well.
- Chanukah Donuts with Raspberry Jam A yeast-free recipe for Chanukah doughnuts dusted with sugar and cinnamon.
- Greek Hannukah donuts Light, tasty and a tradition in the Greek community, these little puffed dough balls are drizzled with honey.
- Hannukah Cheese Ball Appetizer Cheese balls are a low-carb and low-fat appetizer suitable for a vegetarian Chanukah menu.