- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 10-15 mushrooms, sliced thin (dried shiitake mushrooms, rehydrated work best)
- 1 block tofu, any kind, sliced into small cubes
- 1 small 4 ounce can bamboo shoots
- 1 small 4 ounce can water chestnuts
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp hot sauce
- 2 tbsp vinegar
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup peanuts
- 5 green onions (scallions) chopped
- flour mixed with water, for thickening, as needed
Reduce heat to a slow simmer, and allow to cook for at least 20 minutes. Add a bit of flour mixed with water to thicken the soup, if desired.
Add scallions and allow to cook for 3 to 5 more minutes. Add more soy sauce or hot sauce to taste.