Recipe by North Carolina Sweet Potatoes
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons butter or vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, chopped small
- about 1 quart vegetable broth
- 1-1/2 cups whole corn kernels
- 2 teaspoons minced jalapenos
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Chopped scallions for garnish, optional
In a large soup or stock pot, sautee onion in butter or vegetable oil until softened, about 5-7 minutes. Add pureed sweet potatoes and vegetable broth.
Bring to a boil, then add corn, jalapenos, heavy cream and salt. Allow to summer for at least ten minutes.
Served garnished with chopped scallions.