Recipe developed by Chef J. Scot Jones
- 2 carrots, chopped
- Sea salt
- Fresh cracked black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons Earth Balance
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 28 ounce cans of whole plum tomatoes, juice included
- 1 28 ounce can artichokes
- 1 1/2 cups cashew cream
- Chopped fresh basil for garnish
Add the tomatoes and juice and bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 30 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, then add the cashew cream. Continue to simmer (do not boil) for 10 minutes.
Working in batches, pour the soup into a blender, cover the lid with a towel (the hot liquid tends to erupt), and blend on high for several minutes, until very smooth. Pour the soup through a fine-mesh sieve. Ladle into bowls and garnish with basil.
Enjoy your gourmet vegetarian artichoke bisque!