This easy eggless and mayonnaise-free vegetarian and vegan potato salad recipe
is great for a picnic, since you don't have to worry about refrigeration. It's also got a healthy dash of green veggies, including green peas and kale, so you'll be getting some vitamins and fiber too. You may also want to try this vegan recipe for classic American potato salad
or a veganized German potato salad
that can be served hot or cold. This potato salad recipe is naturally gluten-free.
- 3 large baking potatoes or 7-8 small potatoes, lightly boiled and sliced into 2-inch chunks
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 2 ribs celery, diced
- 2 cups frozen green peas, dethawed
- 4 green onions, diced
- 2 leaves kale, shredded (optional)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt, or to taste
- 3/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper, or to taste
Be careful not to over-boil the potatoes. They shouldn't be too soft so that they fall apart. Allow to cool before chopping into pieces.
Gently toss all ingredients together in a large bowl. Add more salt and pepper, to taste. Its that easy - enjoy!
See also: More vegetarian potato salad recipes