See also: More vegetable side dish recipes
- 4 medium to small tomatoes sliced 1/3-inch thick
- 2 white onions, thinly sliced
- 2 zucchini, sliced into rounds about 1/4-inch thick
- 2 yellow squash sliced into rounds about 1/4-inch thick
- 1/4 cup good quality olive oil
- 2 cups grated or shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 tsp fresh thyme leaves, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, coarsely chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
In a large bowl, combine tomatoes, onions, zucchini and yellow squash. Add olive oil, and toss well to combine and coat vegetables.
Add one cup of the Parmesan cheese, the fresh thyme and the fresh basil. Season generously with salt and pepper. Combine well.
Lightly grease a large baking dish or casserole pan. Add veggies in an even layer. Sprinkle the remaining Parmesan cheese on top.
Cover with foil. Use a fork to poke a few holes in the foil, allowing moisture to escape.
Bake for one hour. Remove from oven and remove foil. Turn oven up to 450 degrees, and return vegetables to the oven. Bake for an additional ten minutes.