Vegan ricotta cheese recipe courtesy of Chef Scot J. Jones.
- 8 ounces firm tofu
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon minced shallot
- 1/2 teaspoon plum vinegar, preferably Umi brand
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon nutritional yeast flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper
Add the remaining ingredients and mix well. It should be the consistency of ricotta cheese.
Makes about 1 1/2 cups tofu ricotta "cheese".
Use your tofu ricotta to make Chef Scot's Hot Italian peppers stuffed with herbed risotto