See also: More vegetarian stuffing recipes
- 1 cup vegan margarine, plus 1 teaspoon
- 4 stalks celery, diced
- 1 red onion, diced
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh rosemary, chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh tarragon, chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh sage, chopped
- 1/3 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 6 cups pumpkin bread, cubed
- approx 1/3 cup vegetable broth
Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees and grease a large baking dish with 1 teaspoon of margarine.
In a large skillet over medium heat, melt the 1 cup of vegan margarine. Add the celery and onions and sautee for 8-10 minutes. Add the mushrooms and cook for a few more minutes until mushrooms are soft.
Turn off heat and add spices, stirring well to combine. Add bread cubes. Add vegetable broth a few tablespoons at a time just until stuffing is moistened.
Transfer mixture to greased baking dish and cover with foil. Bake in oven for 40 minutes. Remove foil and bake for 10 more minutes, or until done.
Enjoy your vegan pumpkin bread stuffing!