- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds escarole, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup vegetable stock
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon fresh chopped garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh chopped shallots
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
Add the escarole, garlic, shallots and sauté for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring frequently until wilted. Add the lemon juice and stock and season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook down until tender.
Remove from heat. Drain excess liquid and serve immediately.
Use this recipe to make Chef Scot's Pine nut crusted scallopini with braised escarole and buerre blanc