Vegetarian Apple Curry Baked Beans. Several flavors mingle together to create an aromatic and tasty bean casserole-like dish, inspired by the flavors of India. Apples, curry and ginger lend flavor to healthy beans. This vegetarian and vegan recipe is low in fat, high in fiber and high in protein as well. Scroll down for more vegetarian baked bean recipe. Recipe courtesy of Bush's® Beans
- 1 28 ounce can vegetarian baked beans
- 1 cup thinly sliced carrot
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup sliced green onion
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 small Golden Delicious apple, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried red pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
In a skillet sautee carrot, sweet red pepper, and onion in hot oil over medium-high heat until crisp-tender. Combine vegetable mixture, beans
and remaining ingredients in a lightly greased 1 1/2-quart casserole dish.
Bake at 350 degrees for 30 to 35 minutes or until bubbly.