- 2 large or three small cauliflowers, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- water for steaming
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 3 tbsp flour
- 1 cup liquid nondairy creamer or soy milk
- 1 cup nondairy vegan sour cream
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 2-3 Tbsp. nutritional yeast flakes
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg OR paprika (optional)
- 1/3 cup breadcrumbs or French fried onions, crushed
Steam or microwave cauliflower for just 3-4 minutes until starting to soften up, just to give it a head start cooking. Place cauliflower in a lightly greased casserole or gratin dish.
Whisk together the oil and flour over low heat until a paste forms, then add in nondairy creamer until thick and creamy, about 3-4 minutes.
Remove from heat then stir in sour cream, parsley, nutritional yeast. Season well with salt and pepper, then pour sauce over cauliflower, tossing lightly to coat cauliflower.
Sprinkle bread crumbs or French fried onions and nutmeg or paprika over the top.
Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until bubbly and lightly golden brown.
Enjoy your vegan cauliflower gratin!