Recipe courtesy of The Soy Foods Council
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon canned chipotle peppers, diced
- 1 (15 ounce) can creamed corn
- 1 (16 ounce) bag frozen sweet corn, thawed
- ½ cup plain soy milk
- 1 cup silken tofu
- ¼ cup melted butter or vegan margarine
- ½ cup egg substitute
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 (8.5 ounce) box corn muffin mix
In a medium sized mixing bowl combine the diced chipotle pepper, creamed corn, sweet corn, soy milk, silken tofu, melted butter or margarine, egg substitute, sugar and cheddar cheese and mix until well combined.
Stir in the dry corn muffin mix and transfer to the prepared baking pan.
Bake for 50 minutes or until a knife, inserted in the middle of the casserole, comes out clean.
Here's a few vegetarian casserole dishes to try: