- 4 medium-large tomatoes
- salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp margarine or butter
- 3/4 cup bread crumbs, regular or panko
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp onion powder (optional)
- 1 tsp basil or mixed Italian seasoning
Slice tomatoes in half and place cut-side up on a lightly greased baking sheet or muffin tin. Season with salt and pepper.
In a medium bowl, combine the melted margarine, bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese and basil or Italian seasoning. Place a generous spoonful of the breadcrumb mixture securely on top of each tomato.
Bake tomatoes for 15-20 minutes, or until the bread crumbs on top are lightly golden brown. Enjoy!