- Sea salt
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 shallots, minced
- 3 whole blood oranges, segmented (save the juice)
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 8 tablespoons Earth Balance, cut into tablespoon-sized pieces
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme, finely chopped
- Freshly ground black pepper
Reduce the heat to low. Add the shallots and sauté until translucent but not browned, 2 to 3 minutes. Add the blood orange segments, 1/2 of the orange juice and wine and cook until reduced in half.
Remove from the heat. Whisk in the Earth Balance 1 tablespoon at a time, then stir in the rest of the orange juice and the thyme. Finish with sugar, salt and pepper to taste.
Use this gourmet French buerre blanc to make Chef Scot's Pine nut crusted scallopini with braised escarole and buerre blanc