A variation on the usual vegetarian bean dip recipes, this garbanzo (chickpea) bean dip is made with vegetarian pesto sauce for a gourmet twist. A flavorful pesto dip recipe to use for a vegetarian appetizer or even as a sandwich spread for a vegetarian sandwich. Recipe courtesy of Bush's® Beans.
- 1 16 ounce can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2/3 cup prepared basil pesto sauce
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell peppers OR drained sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- crackers and sliced vegetables, to serve