- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1 large onion. finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups of milk
- 2 packages (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 15 ounce cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 4.5 ounce can chopped green chiles
- 1 teaspoon vegetarian Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- Tortilla chips, corn chips or crackers
Stir in flour until smooth; cook mixture, stirring constantly, 1 minute. Gradually add milk, stirring constantly, until thickened. Add cheese, stirring constantly over low heat until cheese melts.
Stir in black beans and remaining ingredients, gently stirring until mixture is thoroughly heated. Serve warm with chips or crackers.