- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 4 ounces sliced mushrooms
- ½ can of corn, rinsed and drained
- 8 ounces roasted red bell pepper hummus (or 1 cup homemade)
- 2 large whole grain wraps
- ½ can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 roasted poblano pepper, cut into strips
- ½ package fresh spinach
Sauté the onion until translucent. Add the bell pepper and cook for 2–3 minutes. Add the mushrooms and corn.
Spread a layer of hummus on the wrap. Add the sautéed vegetables, beans, poblano strips, and fresh spinach. Roll into a burrito.
Place on a baking sheet, seam side down, and bake for 8–10 minutes. Serve the wrap warm, and top with guacamole and salsa.
Makes two sandwich wraps.
Substitute one small can of drained green chilies for the fresh poblano pepper.
Reprinted with permission from The Engine 2 Diet, by Rip Esselstyn
Each wrap provides approximately:
Calories: 293, Calories from Fat: 79
% Daily Value:
Total Fat: 8.8g, 14%, Saturated Fat: 1.0g, 5%
Cholesterol: 0mg, 0%
Sodium: 367mg, 15%
Total Carbohydrates: 42.8g, 14%
Dietary Fiber: 10.5g, 42%
Vitamin A 87%, Vitamin C 90%, Calcium 9%, Iron 24%