- 2 tbsp olive oil, butter or margarine
- 1/2 small yellow onion, chopped (or, try 2-3 shallots)
- 1 cup Israeli couscous (also called pearl couscous)
- 1 3/4 cups vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 bunch fresh spinach
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese, grated, plus extra for garnish
- sea salt or kosher salt and pepper, to taste
Add vegetable broth and bring to a simmer. Allow to cook for about five minutes, then add in white wine, stirring to combine. Heat, stirring, for another five minutes, then add in spinach.
Reduce the heat to medium-low, cover, and allow to heat until spinach has wilted, about 2 minutes, then stir in the Parmesan cheese and season generously with sea salt or kosher salt and a bit of black pepper, to taste.
As soon as Parmesan cheese has melted, plate and serve. Garnish individual servings with a bit of extra Parmesan cheese, if you'd like.