- 6 cups vegetable broth or water
- 1 onion, minced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup arborio rice (risotto rice)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomaotes in oil, drained and sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped basil
- 2 tsp fresh chopped parsley
- 1/3 cup vegan Parmesan cheese substitute (optional)
Add 1 cup of water or vegetable broth and stir well to combine. Add a dash of salt and pepper. When most of the liquid has been absorbed, add one more cup of water, along with the tomatoes, basil and parsley.
As the moisture gets absorbed, continue to add broth or water one cup at a time, stirring frequently, until the rice is cooked.
Sprinkle with vegan Parmesan cheese before serving, if desired.