Recipe courtesy of Bush's® Beans.
If you like making rice and beans then you'll love these 7 exciting ways to make rice and beans
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 cups onion, chopped fine
- 1/2 cup green pepper, chopped fine
- 1 cup tomatoes, diced
- 1 15 ounce can black beans, drained, with liquid reserved
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 cups cooked rice
- lime wedge (optional)
Serve black beans over rice. Garnish with lime wedge (optional).
See below for more vegetarian rice and beans recipes and more Caribbean black beans and rice recipes.
Like these beans? Here's more ways to prepare beans at home: