Recipe courtesy of Bush's® Beans.
If you like making rice and beans then you'll love these 7 exciting ways to make rice and beans
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 cups onion, chopped fine
- 1/2 cup green pepper, chopped fine
- 1 cup tomatoes, diced
- 1 15 ounce can black beans, drained, with liquid reserved
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 cups cooked rice
- lime wedge (optional)
Serve black beans over rice. Garnish with lime wedge (optional).
See below for more vegetarian rice and beans recipes and more Caribbean black beans and rice recipes.