Watermelon Limeade Summer Chiller is an easy, healthy, mouthwatering drink made only of raw foods.
The summer season offers so many opportunities to enjoy fresh raw foods in their optimum state. Did you know that watermelon is a great source of the anti-oxidant vitamins C and A as well as other amazing healthful nutrients? The sweetness of the watermelon eliminates the need for added sugar in this refreshing watermelon limeade recipe as well as giving it amazing color and flavor. If you don't have time to freeze the watermelon cubes, simply use refrigerated watermelon.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Freezer time: 3 hours
Total Time: 3 hours, 20 minutes
Yield: 4 cups
- 8 cups seeded watermelon chunks
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract, optional
1. Place half of the watermelon chunks in a blender and blend on high speed for 15 seconds. Pour the liquid into ice cube trays and place in the freezer for about 3 hours or until frozen.
2. Blend the remaining watermelon on high speed for 15 seconds or until you have a juicy consistency. Add the frozen watermelon cubes, lime juice and vanilla, if using, and blend again for 10 seconds. Serve at barbecues or even as an appetizer in wine glasses or chilled pint glasses for extra fun!
1. You can easily switch up the flavor of this beverage in many ways. Try omitting all but 1 tablespoon of the lime juice and adding 2 tablespoons of fresh mint leaves. If you can find food-grade rosewater, try adding 1 tablespoon in step one.
2. For a Strawberry Watermelon Summer Chiller, replace half of the watermelon in step one with strawberries (fresh or frozen will work great).