This fresh, versatile raw food recipe will come in very handy in the summer when you just don't know what to do with all those peas! Renée Loux delivers an amazing treat with this unique pea mole from her book 'Living Cuisine'. Use it as recommended here with fresh figs and jicama, or alongside many of your favorite raw food dishes (or just right off the spoon!). The mole will be lighter without the olive oil so adjust the recipe to your purpose.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 6 to 8 Servings
- 1 1/2 cups cilantro leaves
- 2 cups petite peas (fresh, or frozen and thawed)
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 tablespoon lime zest
- 1 to 2 tablespoons olive oil (optional)
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sun-dried sea salt, or to taste
- 1 jicama, peeled and sliced
- 1 pint quartered fresh figs
In a food processor, finely chop cilantro. Add peas, lime juice and zest, and olive oil (if desired), and pulse thoroughly, but not until smooth. It should have a nice texture. Season with pepper and sea salt to taste.
Spread 3 to 4 tablespoons pea mole on each jicama slice. Top with three or four fig quarters. Voilá.