Raw food is famous for many of the same things as the Mediterranean including fresh, colorful produce bursting with luscious flavors enhanced by light oils and local herbs. This type of Greek salad or Mediterranean salad would usually have fresh mozzarella in it but I think it goes great with a little side of Herb Pine Nut Macadamia Nut Raw Cheese. You can serve this raw Greek salad over any kind of lettuce or it also happens to make a great topping for raw pizzas. If you can find heirloom tomatoes, you will be in seventh heaven.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
Yield: 4 cups
- 3 cups chopped tomatoes
- 1 large cucumber, peeled, seeded and sliced
- 1/2 cup pitted and diced kalamata olives
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced fresh basil
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons cold-pressed olive oil
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
Mix all of the ingredients together. You may wish to let the flavors marinate for 10 to 20 minutes before eating or before adjusting the flavor. Over time the mingling flavors will enhance. Enjoy your raw Greek-inspired salad!