Raw food can be deeply satisfying with recipes for sauces like this raw food mushroom gravy. You can use it for holiday dishes or any other time of year. Everything tastes better with yummy sauces and gravies poured over it! Enjoy this raw food gravy, made with fresh mushrooms, as part of your raw food Thanksgiving celebration, paired, of course with raw mashed potatoes.
See also: More raw food Thanksgiving recipes
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 2 cups
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms, such as cremini or shiitake
- 1/4 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons cold-pressed olive oil
- 2 teaspoons nama shoyu (raw soy sauce), or to taste
- 1 teaspoon nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon rubbed sage
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- Pinch celery seed
- Pinch black pepper, or to taste
Place all of the ingredients in a food processor fitted with the S-blade or a blender and process on high speed for 20 seconds or until you have a smooth, gravy-like consistency.Enjoy your raw food gravy!