When the time comes, cucumbers drip off the vine in great abundance. So it is always nice to have plenty of cucumber recipes on hand. Here we use the flavors of India to create a unique and tantalizing rendition of the lovable cucumber salad. Curry powders vary greatly in their strength and in their combination of spices. You may want to start with 1 teaspoon and work your way up according to your taste preference.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 3 to 4 cups
- 1 large cucumber
- 1 cup sliced beet greens, kale, or collard greens
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 2 tablespoons minced red onion
- 4 cloves garlic, pressed or minced
- 1 tablespoon curry powder, or to taste
- 1 to 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 to 2 tablespoons raw agave nectar
- 1 minced red or green chili pepper, optional
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh herbs such as basil, parsley and/or cilantro
Place all ingredients together in a mixing bowl and toss well until the veggies are evenly coated. Serve immediately or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.