Prep Time: 15 minutes
Soak Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
Yield: 2 cups
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes
- 4 medjool dates (or other soft date)
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh herbs such as dill, parsley and/or oregano
- 1 1/2 teaspoons raw apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon stone-ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons cold-pressed olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, optional, or to taste
1. Place the sun-dried tomatoes and dates in a bowl with 1 cup of water and let them soak for at least 30 minutes. Strain and reserve the soak water.
2. Place the remaining ingredients in a blender along with the soaked sun-dried tomatoes and dates. Add about 1/3 of the soak water and blend on high speed for about 30 seconds, until a smooth paste forms. Add the remaining liquid and blend for another 10 seconds.Note: Prepared mustard is not actually a raw food ingredient. however, this recipe contains such a small amount, only 1/2 teaspoon, keeping it suitable for most people experimenting with a raw food diet. When preparing raw food for those on a very strict raw diet, however, you may want to omit it.