This raw vegan food recipe for rich and creamy almond sauce brings the taste of Asia to your raw food diet. Since raw peanuts are so hard to come by we've used raw vegan almond butter instead. The result is a rich and creamy sauce that dances across your taste buds with classic Asian flavors. You can adjust the spiciness to your liking (or exclude it altogether). Serve over julienned zucchinis and bell peppers, or even use as a salad dressing!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
Yield: 2 1/2 cups
- 1 cup raw almond butter
- 1 cup water
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2-inch piece of ginger, skin removed
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 stalk lemongrass, optional
- 1 tablespoon nama shoyu, or to taste
- 1 green or red hot chili pepper, or 1/4 teaspoon cayenne, optional
Blend all of the ingredients together in a blender on high speed until smooth and creamy.