Hopefully you are enjoying the raw food green smoothie craze as much as my friends and I are. I have one just about every day and I love this green smoothie with pineapple and banana. You can use any type of greens that you like but I would avoid the spicy ones like collard greens and arugula. I love the way the parsley in this recipe tastes alongside the pineapple (with cilantro coming in a close second). A couple friends of mine suggested I try adding basil. That just sounds kooky to me but give it a whirl and see what you think. More green power to ya!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
Yield: About 40 ounces
- 3 cups pineapple cubes, peel and core removed
- 1 cup chopped banana
- 1 cup water or fresh orange juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups tightly packed chopped greens (such as kale, beet greens, carrot tops, spinach, sorrel...)
- 1/4 cup lightly packed fresh herbs (try parsley, cilantro, mint or basil)
Blend everything together until perfect smoothie harmony is achieved!