Raw sauces, dips and chutneys are exactly the kinds of condiments that can keep a raw food diet interesting and satisfying. Having delicious toppings on hand to spruce up your salad, veggies, crackers, desserts, etc. can really save the day. This versatile Indian food inspired recipe makes a mouth-watering addition to almost any dish. You may want to triple the recipe! If you don't have a food processor, you can take a few extra minutes to mince everything as finely as possible and allow it to sit and marinate for 10 or 20 minutes before enjoying.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 1 cup
- 1 cup cilantro, packed, large stems removed
- 1/4 cup mint leaves, packed
- 1 teaspoon cold-pressed sesame oil or other oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 2 tablespoons minced red or green onion
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 hot green chili pepper, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
Put all of the ingredients into a food processor (or mini food processor) and process on high speed for about 15 seconds or until the mixture is well combined. If you don't have a food processor, you can take a few extra minutes to mince everything as finely as possible and allow it to sit and marinate for 10 or 20 minutes before enjoying.